= 5.1.4 =
- Fix: Clicking PDF links not opening.
- Fix: Toolbar defaults not being respected.
- Fix: Some characters not displaying in PDFs.
= 5.1.3 =
- Fix: Prevent plugins from injecting content into the PDF frame.
= 5.1.2 =
- Fix: Theme Conflicts preventing PDF loading.
- Fix: Theme styling conflict.
- Fix: PDF scaling incorrectly.
- Fix: Cases that removed the admin bar.
= 5.1.1 =
- Added: PDF Text Search.
- Added: Upgrade the pdfjs library version.
= 5.0.2 =
- Hotfix: wrong extract folder name fix added.
= 5.0.1 =
- Roll back scripts
= 5.0.0 =
- Update scripts for new features
= 4.4.3 =
- Wrong extract folder name fix added
= 4.4.2 =
- Added support for the Italian language
- Added compatibility for WordPress 5.7
= 4.4.1 =
- Fix language compatibility issue in the viewer
- Fixes JS and CSS files cache issue
- Added compatibility for WordPress 5.3.2
= 4.4 =
- Added compatibility for WordPress 5.3
- Fixes multiple PDF rendering issues in the viewer (i.e. jumping pages, etc.)
= 4.3 =
- Fixed Scrollbar issues with Firefox and iOS devices. Improved compatibility
= 4.2 =
- Fixed script problems on some Gutenberg editor installations. Improved compatibility
= 4.1 =
- Added compatibility for WordPress 5.2.1
Fixed CSS problems for Mac Devices
= 4.0 =
- Added compatibility for WordPress 5.0
= 3.2 =
- Added Compatibility for Gutenberg Editor
= 3.1.8 =
- Updated to use the latest rendering library pdf.js. Fixes some 'strange character' issues amongst other improvements.
- No longer needs a standalone compatbility.js file so this is not loaded in your site anymore.
- Translation files added for HU locale.
= 3.1.6 =
= 3.1.5 =
- Fixed some issues with the zoom appearance.
- In full-screen mode, when continuous page scrolling is off, now jumps to the start of a page when next/prev is clicked.
= 3.1.4 =
- The mouse scroll wheel is now more consistent across all browsers (in terms of scroll speed).
- No longer jumps to the start of the doc on window resize.
- The view in the Full Screen button no longer scrolls underneath the large button.
- When scrollbars are always visible, they no longer cut off the edge of the PDF underneath.
= 3.1.2 =
- Updated for compatibility with the upcoming WordPress 4.8 release.
- The new mouse wheel fix for Firefox wasn't working with some themes.
= 3.1.1 =
- Updated to the latest version of pdf.js, the underlying library which is used to render the PDFs.
- Fix for mouse wheel issue on Firefox - window was sometimes scrolling when only the document was supposed to.
- Minor CSS additions to prevent conflicts with a particular theme.
= 3.0.1 =
- PLEASE NOTE PAGE TURNERS have been removed from the plugin - the large left/right arrows that can appear at the edge of the PDF on mouse hover. They are considered redundant now continuous page scrolling is available (see below).
- Continuous page scrolling. Use the mouse or touch to scroll straight onto the next page without having to click the next/prev buttons anymore.
- Option to switch off the new 'Continous Page Scrolling' feature so the user has to click the next/prev buttons to change pages as in previous versions.
- Options to add vertical and/or horizontal scrollbars. Shortcode version is
scrollbar = 'vertical',
'none'. Default is
- Fix to tidy up the HTML generated by the plugin which was being removed by the W3 Total Cache plugin leading to functionality being restricted.
- Scrolling by touch or mouse will now defer to the browser when at the very top or bottom of the PDF. This means that when you already scrolled to the very bottom of the PDF, further scrolling will cause the whole web page to scroll down instead of nothing happening. Previously, it was sometimes difficult to navigate to the section of the web page below the embedded PDF.
- The plugin now respects the
SCRIPT_DEBUGflag in the
wp-config.phpfile and displays non-minified versions of the JS files if this is set to true. Helps debug any issues.
- No longer displays 'opt-in to beta updates' to new installs.
- Added NL language.
= 2.9.2 =
- You can now opt-in to receive early beta releases of the plugin - change this setting in the License tab of the plugin settings.
- Multisite enhancements - it is now possible to either Network Activate the plugin (recommended) or allow individual sub-sites to Activate on a per-site basis. This was always possible, but the plugin settings could not be accessed in per-site mode. It may still be necessary to set the license on the Network admin version of the plugin settings, so you would try network activating to set the license key only, then revert to per-site activation if desired.
= 2.8 =
- 'Page Turner' arrows appear when hovering over the left/right edges of the PDF for easier navigation. This can be turned off in settings or by individual shortcodes.
- Toolbar position now has an option 'No Toolbar' to completely remove the toolbar (and presumably rely on the new page-turners for page navigation).
= 2.7.5 =
- Fixed display (and touch screen zoom) on high-resolution screens under certain browsers/devices.
- The latest ZIP is now available through a link in the License tab, so it can be obtained in cases where the automatic update fails on the Plugins page.
= 2.7.3 =
- Tested up to WordPress 4.6.
- Title parameter only inserted into shortcode if needed, to keep things tidy.
- Added filter
my_pdfemb_override_send_to_editorso you can turn off the shortcode generation.
= 2.7 =
- Improved support for high-resolution displays (retina).
- Reduced 'flicker' when moving around documents on mobiles.
- Uses the latest version of the pdf.js library for rendering PDFs.
- Toolbar buttons have an
type="button"attribute to avoid conflicts with some other plugins.
- Spanish translation contributed by Armando Landois.
- pdfemb_filter_shortcode_attrs filter so developers can change default shortcode parameters through code.
= 2.5.5 =
- Added keyboard shortcuts in fullscreen mode. Cursor keys to move about the current page, +/- to zoom in/out, Page Up or Page Down to move to the next/prev page (Use Fn + Down/Up Arrow on a Mac).
zoom="x"shortcode parameter to start display on a specified zoom percentage.
- Fix for Right-to-Left languages.
= 2.5.4 =
- Added French translation.
- Confirmed to work with WP4.5 including resolving a layout conflict with the new Twentysixteen theme.
= 2.5.3 =
- New shortcode parameter:
pagetextbox="on"to ensure the 'page number' text box is always visible for the user to enter a page number to jump to. If omitted or "off", the user needs to click on the page number display for it to change into a text box, as before.
= 2.5.1 =
- Displays error message if the user attempts to Activate when the free version of the plugin is already Active.
= 2.5 =
- Uses the latest version of underlying pdf.js technology to render PDFs.
- New option 'Scroll to top of the page when user clicks next/prev'.
- 'Attachment Pages' for PDFs now use the PDF Embedder viewer to display them - WordPress default is just a link to the PDF file.
= 2.4.7 =
- Some settings were difficult to change under a WordPress multisite install.
= 2.4.4 =
- Hyperlinks are fixed for certain mobile devices.
- New option to improve mobile zooming on some sites.
= 2.4.3 =
- Option in Settings to open hyperlinks in new tab/window - can be overridden in shortcode using
- Now supports internal hyperlinks.
= 2.4.1 =
- Track the number of views and downloads - displays next to the PDF's other info in the Media Library.
= 2.4 =
- Hyperlinks are now supported - both internal within PDF and external to other web pages.
- Jump straight to page number by clicking on Page and typing the number.
- The new shortcode parameter
page="x"opens up a document on a specified page number.
- Translation-ready! Please contribute your translations.
- Compatibility with WordPress 4.4.
= 2.2.5 =
- Better explanation of some error messages (e.g. attempt to access PDF on a different domain).
- Forced white background by default - some Theme's CSS would override.
= 2.2.4 =
- Option to add 'Download PDF' button to toolbar.
= 2.2.3 =
- No longer complains of invalid license in some cases where it shouldn't.
= 2.2.2 =
- Redesigned toolbar buttons
= 2.2 =
- The new version of PDF.js fixes some PDF rendering bugs.
= 2.1.7 =
- Fixed a bug with full-screen height calculation which left the toolbar invisible in full-screen mode.
= 2.1.6 =
- Height can be specified in global Settings -> PDF Embedder and pulls through correctly as a default in any shortcode that doesn't already have its height specified.
= 2.1.4 =
- Obtains PDF over same transport (https/http) as host page, regardless of that specified in the shortcode url parameter. This avoids conflicts and failure to display PDF if the two don't match.
= 2.1.3 =
- Fixes to workaround iPhone Safari bugs.
= 2.1.1 =
- ESC to exit full-screen mode. Automatic plugin updates. Settings now contain site-wide defaults for appearance (width/toolbar) - and can be overridden by shortcodes.