= 4.4.3 =
- Wrong extract folder name fix added
= 4.4.2 =
- Added support for Italian language
- Added compatibility for WordPress 5.7
= 4.4.1 =
- Fix language compatibility issue in viewer
- Fixes JS and CSS files cache issue
- Added compatibility for WordPress 5.3.2
= 4.4 =
- Added compatibility for WordPress 5.3
- Fixes multiple PDF rendering issues in viewer (i.e. jumping pages, etc.)
= 4.3 =
- Fixed Scrollbar issues with Firefox and iOS devices. Improved compatibility
= 4.2 =
- Fixed script problem on some Gutenberg editor installations. Improved compatibility
= 4.1 =
- Added compatibility for WordPress 5.2.1
Fixed CSS problems for Mac Devices
= 4.0 =
- Added compatibility for WordPress 5.0
= 3.2 =
- Added Compatibility for Gutenberg Editor
= 3.1.8 =
- Updated to use the latest rendering library pdf.js. Fixes some 'strange character' issues amongst other improvements.
- No longer needs a standalone compatbility.js file so this is not loaded in your site any more.
- Translation files added for HU locale.
= 3.1.6 =
= 3.1.5 =
- Fixed some issues with zoom appearance.
- In full screen mode, when continuous page scrolling is off, now jumps to start of page when next/prev is clicked.
= 3.1.4 =
- Mouse scroll wheel is now more consistent across all browsers (in terms of scroll speed).
- No longer jumps to start of doc on window resize.
- View in Full Screen button no longer scrolls underneath the large button.
- When scrollbars are always visible, no longer cuts off edge of PDF underneath.
= 3.1.2 =
- Updated for compatibility with upcoming WordPress 4.8 release.
- New mouse wheel fix for Firefox wasn't working with some themes.
= 3.1.1 =
- Updated to latest version of pdf.js, the underlying library which is used to render the PDFs.
- Fix for mouse wheel issue on Firefox - window was sometimes scrolling when only the document was supposed to.
- Minor CSS additions to prevent conflicts with a particular theme.
= 3.0.1 =
- PLEASE NOTE PAGE TURNERS have been removed from the plugin - the large left/right arrows that can appear at the edge of the PDF on mouse hover. They are considered redundant now continuous page scrolling is available (see below).
- Continous page scrolling. Use the mouse or touch to scroll straight onto the next page without having to click next/prev buttons any more.
- Option to switch off the new 'Continous Page Scrolling' feature so the user has to click next/prev buttons to change pages as in previous versions.
- Options to add vertical and/or horizontal scrollbars. Shortcode version is scrollbar = 'vertical', 'horizontal', 'both', or 'none'. Default is none.
- Fix to tidy up the HTML generated by the plugin which was being removed by the W3 Total Cache plugin leading to functionality being restricted.
- Scroll by touch or mouse will now defer to the browser when at the very top or bottom of the PDF. This means that when you already scrolled to the very bottom of the PDF, further scrolling will cause the whole web page to scroll down instead of nothing happening. Previously, it was sometimes difficult to navigate to the section of web page below the embedded PDF.
- Plugin now respects the SCRIPT_DEBUG flag in wp-config.php and displays non-minified versions of the JS files if this is set to true. Helps debugging any issues.
- No longer displays 'opt-in to beta updates' to new installs.
- Added NL language.
= 2.9.2 =
- You can now opt-in to receive early beta releases of the plugin - change this setting in the License tab of the plugin settings.
- Multisite enhancements - it is now possible to either Network Activate the plugin (recommended) or just allow individual sub-sites to Activate on a per-site basis. This was always possible, but in per-site mode the plugin settings could not be accessed. It may still be necessary to set the license on the Network admin version of the plugin settings, so you would try network activating in order to set the license key only, then revert back to per-site activation if desired.
= 2.8 =
- 'Page Turner' arrows appear when hovering over left/right edges of the PDF for easier navigation. This can be turned off in settings or by individual shortcode.
- Toolbar position now has an option 'No Toolbar' to completely remove the toolbar (and presumably rely on the new page turners for page navigation).
= 2.7.5 =
- Fixed display (and touch screen zoom) on high resolution screens under certain browsers/devices.
- Latest ZIP is now available through a link in the License tab, so it can be obtained in cases where the automatic update fails on the Plugins page.
= 2.7.3 =
- Tested up to WordPress 4.6.
- Title parameter only inserted into shortcode if needed, to keep things tidy.
- Added filter my_pdfemb_override_send_to_editor so you can turn off the shortcode generation.
= 2.7 =
- Improved support for high resolution displays (retina).
- Reduced 'flicker' when moving around document on mobiles.
- Uses latest version of pdf.js library for rendering PDFs.
- Toolbar buttons have type="button" attribute to avoid conflicts with some other plugins.
- Spanish translation contributed by Armando Landois.
- pdfemb_filter_shortcode_attrs filter so developers can change default shortcode parameters through code.
= 2.5.5 =
- Added keyboard shortcuts in fullscreen mode. Cursor keys to move about the current page, +/- to zoom in/out, Page Up or Page Down to move to next/prev page (Use Fn + Down/Up Arrow on a Mac).
- New zoom="x" shortcode parameter to start display on a specified zoom percentage.
- Fix for Right-to-Left languages.
= 2.5.4 =
- Added French translation.
- Confirmed to work with WP4.5 including resolving a layout conflict with the new Twentysixteen theme.
= 2.5.3 =
- New shortcode parameter: pagetextbox="on" to ensure the 'page number' text box is always visible for the user to enter a page number to jump to. If omitted or "off", the user needs to click on the page number display in order for it to change into a text box, as before.
= 2.5.1 =
- Displays error message if user attempts to Activate when the free version of the plugin is already Active.
= 2.5 =
- Uses latest version of underlying pdf.js technology to render PDFs.
- New option 'Scroll to top of page when user clicks next/prev'.
- 'Attachment Pages' for PDFs now use the PDF Embedder viewer to display them - WordPress default is just a link to the PDF file.
= 2.4.7 =
- Some settings were difficult to change under a WordPress multisite install.
= 2.4.4 =
- Hyperlinks fixed for certain mobile devices.
- New option to improve mobile zooming on some sites.
= 2.4.3 =
- Option in Settings to open hyperlinks in new tab/window - can be overridden in shortcode using newwindow="on|off".
- Now supports internal hyperlinks.
= 2.4.1 =
- Track number of views and downloads - displays next to the PDF's other info in Media Library.
= 2.4 =
- Hyperlinks now supported - both internal within PDF and external to other web pages.
- Jump straight to page number by clicking on Page and typing the number.
- New shortcode parameter page="x" opens up document on specified page number.
- Translation-ready! Please contribute your translations.
- Compatibility with WordPress 4.4.
= 2.2.5 =
- Better explanation of some error messages (e.g. attempt to access PDF on a different domain).
- Forced white background by default - some Theme's CSS would override.
= 2.2.4 =
- Option to add 'Download PDF' button to toolbar.
= 2.2.3 =
- No longer complains of invalid license in some cases where it shouldn't.
= 2.2.2 =
- Redesigned toolbar buttons
= 2.2 =
- New version of PDF.js, fixes some PDF rendering bugs.
= 2.1.7 =
- Fixed a bug with full screen height calculation which left toolbar invisible in full screen mode.
= 2.1.6 =
- Height can be specified in global Settings -> PDF Embedder, and pulls through correctly as a default in any shortcode that doesn't already have its own height specified.
= 2.1.4 =
- Obtains PDF over same transport (https/http) as host page, regardless of that specified in the shortcode url parameter. This avoids conflicts and failure to display PDF if the two don't match.
= 2.1.3 =
- Fixes to workaround iPhone Safari bugs.
= 2.1.1 =
- ESC to exit full screen mode. Automatic plugin updates. Settings now contains site-wide defaults for appearance (width/toolbar) - can be overridden by shortcodes.